[orcad] Re: Clearance on NPT holes

  • From: Clyde Sprowl <orcadlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orcad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:37:33 -0700 (PDT)

I bet you that you have a non-plated hole there. For some reason, Orcad
programmers changed the program so that when you create a non-plated hole with
no pads, when you close the padstack spreadsheet, it adds pads to the front,
rear and internal layers the same size as the hole diameter. In my opinion, the
designer should never have his intentions countermanded by a computer program -
especially when the program does not notify the designer what it did. Go back
and look at you non-plated hole - I bet it has pads front and rear.
"Miswald, Ron" <RMiswald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I have a design where the
hole to feature clearance is set to 12 mils. The
pad to trace clearance is set to 5. I have a 30 mil npt hole. Orcad 10.0
is ignoring the hole to feature (12 mil), and is using the pad to trace
clearance (5 mil). In the padstack spreadsheet I tried changing the pad
size smaller the 30. It would not accept a value less then 30.

Currently I am manually looking for them. Is there a way to set-up so that
this is automatically found during DRC check?

Do you Yahoo!?