[orcad] Changing the PCB Footprint Specified in the Capture Library

  • From: "Glen Holmes" <gholmes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orcad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:55:10 -0500

Greetings!

I am trying to change some of the parts in my Capture library to use a
different footprint; and it is not working out at all.

For example, I open the library that has some resistors I would like to modify.
 I run the "Update Properties" command but it returns an error saying it could
not find anything to change and advises me to check for spelling errors.  The
update file (.UPD) that I am using looks like this:

"{PCB Footprint}" "PCB Footprint"
"1206R" "3216M"

                        ;Check all PCB Footprints in the open parts library.
                        ;Whenever 1206R occurs replace it with 3216M.

As I understand it, when Update Properties runs this file it will check every
"PCB Footprint" property for the presence of the string "1206R".  When a match
occurs the contents of PCB Footprint has 3216M written into it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?  Is there another way to "automate" changing
the footprint specified?

Thanks in advance!
Glen Holmes
gholmes@xxxxxxxx