RE: Coding Standards, Who Cares.

  • From: "Knight, Jon" <jknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oradev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oradev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:19:22 -0500

  Everyone here pretty much as their own style.  I use SQL*Navigator and
have configured the PL/SQL formatter to get *close* to my personal style.
That way, whenever debugging someone else's code, a one click format get it
readable for me.  If the developer no longer works here, I leave it that
way.

Some of my personal preferences:
  "v_*" for local variables
  "p_*" for all parameters
  align all "in", "out", & datatypes vertically
  two space indent (no tabs!)
  all code modifications annotated with M#001 ... M#nnn and documented in
the source file header.  A quick search finds all related changes.

Thanks,
Jon Knight