Re: ** x-windows for oracle installation

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:33:43 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Nirmalya and Steiner for your help.

  Do I need to do any installation on UNIX server? I assume not.
  When I start cygwin from my PC I get the prompt : bash-3.00$.
  pwd gives : /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin
  i tried startx but it gave error : command not found
  /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.sh : bad interpreter. no such file
  i tried xhost <ipofunixserver> : command not found

  Maybe

When you install cygwin, make sure you install the xwindows options.    Then
from cygwin run /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.sh    Then type xhost ip address of
your oracle server.    From your oracle server export DISPLAY=your pc address.

Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx> wrote:

  All you have to do is:
1. open a cygwin window
2. startx