RE: write performance - broad generalization

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oracle L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:47:33 -0400

This is good, as I didn't think I was off base as this is what I want to
test. Just a single threaded operation. Pure sequential write performance on
a fresh db with no other users. No data etc. If I need to validate more I
can. Often times I'll just get handed a db to take over (I'm mostly on DSS
systems) so I just like to run this as it's very quick to do/setup.