Re: with all this talk about RAC...

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 05:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

Bill:

From my experience most of the RAC related issues comes with unskilled
DBAs managing the databases with their experimental minds. I have
implemeted RAC in more than 20+ sites in various platforms and
different hardwares  and no one (so-far) has complained against RAC.
Needless to say for many of them the data/availability is the oxygen
for their business (Most of them are Telecom and banking customers).

Now coming to the original question, I would recommend Linux Clusters
against Sun clusters. You may also want to use the OCFS (it is stable
now on Linux) and have a shared oracle home. IMHO RAC is stable and
proven.

Regards,
Devil's Advocate !