with all this talk about RAC...

  • From: "bill thater" <shrek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:15:40 -0500

i have a few serious questions.

as the last part of a major upgrade of hardware/OS/software in our production
hosted environment, we're getting to upgrade the database cluster.  now we have
a couple ways to go here, linux cluster or sun cluster, but i can sit here and
make a good case both for and against using RAC for our production databases.

so what is the collective wisdom on the deciding factors to implement RAC?

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

one ping to rule them all, one ping to find them,
one ping to bring them all, and in the mutex bind them.