Re: windows 2000 question

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:44:31 -0800

> I'm a windows newbie. I'm installing windows 8.1.7 on a win2K box. When
>ran the oradim utility I didn't specify an internal password. In my
>sqlnet.ora file, I specify SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS). When I
do
>this, I can connect as internal sysdba fine without a password. But a
batch
>job that I have set to run as a scheduled task fails, with an error
>ORA-12640 Authentication Adapter Initialization failed.

Your batch job needs to run as a user that has membership in the DBA_GRP,
as
well as having logon privileges.

Your job is likely running as system local, which will not be able to
connect to
the database as sysdba.

There are probably various means to do this, but the only method I have
succesfully used involves using Perl with Dave Roth's win32 Perl modules.

http://www.roth.net

The one or two batch jobs I use that need privs other than system local
and are not run as daemons via Win32:Daemon use the logon_as_user
function.

HTH

Jared