Re: why am I getting an index full scan instead of a fast full scan with an analytic function

  • From: Saibabu Devabhaktuni <saibabu_d@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: free <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

I was going by what Oracle things final result set record count is, if you look
at the execution plan its 378M for analytical query versus 18M for the other
query. In reality it may not return every single record in the table, but the
those 2 queries are not the same and they don't produce the same output. Add
distinct clause to the outer section of analytical query and check the
execution plan.

Thanks,
 Sai
http://sai-oracle.blogspot.com