RE: was (RE: SGADEF file?) is How to best detect database health

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:08:58 -0700

 >              ..Right, OK, I'll ask a simple question to test the
>               theory. Who thinks the term "user-mode clusterware"
>               is an oxymoron or a paradox?

                         ^^
        >Is that a real OR or an XOR?
        >My understanding (to this date) of english was that these words
are synonyms.

...Well, technically no. An oxymoron is used purposefully and should
only
have two terms due to the greek etymology of the word. Paradox should be
a bit more
subtle. So, I think "user-mode clustering" is more a contradiction in
terms. In fact, I think it is pretty ugly :-)

                What's that I hear? Deafening silence?

>>>     Satisfied?

...Ah, yes, the the deafening silence was not music to my ears.