Re: want to stop analyze once the database is stable

  • From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:19:23 +0200

Amen.

If something works, don't change it.
If something changes for the better, be happy.
If something changes for the worse, investigate it.

Changing statistics, parameters, source code and dictionary information are all de-stabilising activities that people should engage in only when forced to, and when they know that they're involved in Communist activities, haha.

Mogens

Alex Gorbachev wrote:

In my experience, if you need STABLE environment - use option (b) and this is our preferred option. In fact, we prefer to have statistic change to be part of our software development cycle (with some exceptions as mentioned already).

2006/4/2, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:

    I HAVE to reply to this ( and you know it and maybe even counted
    on it :-) ).
    The way I see it, you have two choices:

    a) Do the daily analyze and then deal with the problems it causes
    b) NOT do the daily analyze and then deal with the problems IT causes

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev