RE: v$session question

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:59:20 -0500

Ram,

On Unix, you need to kill the unix session first before killing the
Oracle session.  Kill the spid value returned from this query on the
unix prompt:

kill -9 999999

Then kill the session within the database with your "alter kill"
statement.

    select v$session.username, spid

      from v$session, v$process

     where v$session.username in ('yourusername')

       and v$session.paddr=v$process.addr

     order by last_call_et desc

Hope this helps.

Tom