Re: v$session_longops

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:09:27 +0300

Jonathan Lewis has written an answer here about the maximum number of entries:
http://www.mcse.ms/message1574958.html
He said "The number of slots
in v$session_longops for 9.2.0.6 seems to be the lower of
500 and 2 x the sessions parameter."
Of course you can quite easily test whether it is relevant also for
10g for example.

However I cannot say anything about the precise algorithm of reuse of entries.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu