Re: vpd

Sanjay,

You don't need VPD for that -- just create a view...

        create or replace view tbl_res_contact_v
        as
        select   name, dob, decode(status,'',story,'') story, address
        from    tbl_res_contact;

Then, use permissions to prevent people from querying the table and leave only the view available.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

Sanjay Mishra wrote:
Hi

can somebody help in VPD setup. I had a table with 5 column and I want to hide 2 column based on one Column named status. Here is structure

tbl_res_contact
  name varchar,
 dob date,
 status char(1),
 story varchar2(30),
 address varchar2(30)

I want to hide the data for story from all user when status is other than NULL.

TIA
Sanjay