Re: v$object_usage: anyone have bad experience with it?

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:59:57 +0800

Hi, Hemant,
     The index monitoring now has been enable for about two days. I
plan to file change request and drop those unused indexes one by one.
This is going to take a long time, but in case we really see something
getting bad, we can easily find out what caused the problem.
     I also plan to keep those unique index, even if they are not used
in SQL execution plan. Thanks for your confirm. Your second reply also
remind me that FK related indexes are all unique, so I just keep all
the unique index and it will solve both the FK issue and unique
constraint issue.

THanks very much.

--
Regards