Re: very slow inserts on new partition.

Just a wild guess - check if there are nightly jobs to collect statistics.
Best thing is to trace your batch in the first day and any other day - this
way you can surely compare execution plans and where it spends it time. If
the batch is only thing running on the system than statspack reports can be
also fine.

2006/7/2, Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi list,

We manage our datawarehouse database on Oracle 9i Rel.2, hp-superdome
machine.
We have daily and monthly batch running from this database.
There are about 20 tables which we used range parititon (partition by
date column). We create a new partition every month. Whenever there is
a new partition created and the job takes long time than the usual
time, only the first day, and the subsequent dailsy, its performs on
time. Is the same case every month on the first day of using new
partition.
Can anyone come across this type of situation?
Your valuable comments/suggestion are highly appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com