very high TNSPING values for SCAN listeners

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:12:33 -0300

In all our 11.2 databases we are seeing a very frequent situation where the
SCAN listener (sometimes even the local listener) has a tnsping time of over
4000ms. After the alert is triggered it is cleared within minutes (before
anybody has the time to react). Has anyone experienced this? the DB version
is 11.2.0.2 but I don't think there are any PSU applied.

What should I look for in the logs? in which logs? EM or Listener? is this
actually happening or is it just the EM?

EM is 11.1, btw.

Cheers
Alan.-