RE: veritas

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Finn Jorgensen" <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:27:28 -0400

Oh, of course!  And it is indeed about everyone's perspective.  Without
coming off sounding like a corporate shill (which I am generally not, I
hope), a lot of our customers use our automated patching that's
integrated with Veritas to make having one home per instance a
non-issue, at which point the only extra overhead is the cost of
more-expensive SAN disk space.

But, this also has the advantage that it's actually feasible to easily
patch a subset of databases without patching the whole.

Thanks,

Matt

--

Matthew Zito