Re: v$db_object_cache loads

Hey Jay,

>>> Can anyone tell me why I have some objects being reloaded in the SGA,
>>> even
>>> though they are pinned?  To my knowledge, no dependent objects are being
>>> modified.  I had posted a similar question last year when this DB was

I had this same question a number of years ago.  A surviving brain cell
thinks the invalidation was coming from stats collection in my case.

I believe that the default for the "no_invalidate" option of GATHER_x_STATS
in the DBMS_STATS package is FALSE, which *will* invalidate dependent
objects.  Likewise, TRUE will *not* invalidate -- it seems backwards with
the negatively-named option.

Sorry, but I need to leave this up for you to prove.

HTH!  GL!

Rich