RE: value from index block or table block

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:53:25 -0500

Let me get this straight: You are experiencing the return of incorrect
values (meaning either a bug or a corruption) and Oracle Support will not
authorize your use of setting an event either at the session or system

a) Have you asked on your SR? Denying your suggestion of using a diagnostic
likely to show the problem would create both an interesting legal situation
and a troubling review situation for the support analysts involved when you
escalate the call.
b) Make a physical clone using OS level tools and do it there. A physical
clone will not repair anything.

Alter session rather than alter system should be sufficient. That was a
sloppy cut and paste.

"Our customers are not sheep to be shorn." - An oracle executive I won't

Don't be a sheep.