Re: value from index block or table block

  • From: Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:57:57 +0100

On 2011-11-26 18:14, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Goodness. You dropped a data file out of the SYSTEM tablespace?
No I didnt :). Please see below explanation .

> Or are you writing that you dropped the tablespace containing the object
> referenced by the corrupt I_OBJ2 index? (All the indexes of sys.obj$ are
> born in SYSTEM unless you have an altered sql.bsq file.)
Exactly, that was the only table in that tablespace ,when we tried drop
that table Oracle
said object does not exists (because of corruption). So we offline
dropped the only datafile for that
tablespace .

> If that is the case, did the offline drop clean up the entries in I_OBJ2?
> Then I'm surprised just dropping the offending referenced object didn't do
> the trick.
> If no clean up took place, then I would think you still have a corrupt block
> in I_OBJ2.
Well not sure about that. Ill try to check this on monday . Thats realy
interesting whats Oracle
doing with objects (in dictionary terms) when You offline drop datafile
they belong to .
Hope that explains Your doubts .
Regards
GregG