utlrp.sql 10Gr2 $#@$& arrrhhhhggg!

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: _oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:57:16 -0500

My application with numerous PUBLIC SYNONYMS and PLSQL objects has always
compiled great after builds (Oracle 9i) using utlrp.sql. However, I am
trying to get the same to work in 10Gr2 and I run into all sorts of
unexplainable issues.

* Run utlrp.sql
* Tons of things don't compile.
* I compile all invalid public synonyms *manually*.
* Run utlrp.sql again, output says everything is compiled.
* I check STATUS in DBA_OBJECTS, some objects are INVALID
* I compile them manually...now other things are invalid...
* I try running utlrp.sql again...endless cycle here.

I have not checked metalink yet, going to now. Anyone else familiar with
this sort of thing or any changes in 10G?