RE: utl_file_dir

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "edwin devadanam" <edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:36:31 +0200

Edwin

> But my question is how many number of files can mentioned for
> utl_file_dir and not the size of each file.
> is there limit for number of files?(not size)
> is it unlimited number of files?(not size)

You asked for the number of directories. Now, since the limit of the
number of character you can put in that parameter is 512... If your
paths are quite long, you could put only 2 or 3... If your paths are
very short, you could put 100 or 200... I.e. there is no limit on the
number of directories.

HTH
Chris