RE: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

Thanks all of you for helping me
yes that works beautifully
here is the script i have modifed now for hp which
gives me the top 10 guys who is messing my database

for p in `UNIX95= ps -e -o pcpu -o
pid,args=Command-Line | sort -rnk1 | head -10|awk
'{print $2":"$1}'|grep -v PID`
do
r=`echo $p|cut -d: -f1`
c=`echo $p|cut -d: -f2`
sqlplus -s / << EOF
set heading off;
set line 1000
select 'SPID '||b.spid||' with userid '||a.sid||' is
running '||c.event||' his usr,os,m/c,addr,prg is '||
a.username||' '||a.
machine||' '||a.osuser||' '||a.SQL_ADDRESS||'
'||a.program||' CPU= $c '
"USR_M/C_OSUSR_SQLADDR_PROG_CPU"  from v\$session a,v
\$process b, v\$session_wait c  where a.PADDR=b.addr
and  a.sid=c.sid and b.spid=$r;
exit;
EOF
done

Thanks again
Arun
--- "Khemmanivanh, Somckit"
<somckit.khemmanivanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, that's an option also:
>
> Setenv UNIX95 XPG4
>
> ps -o comm,cpu,vsz,pid
> COMMAND          C     VSZ   PID
> -csh             0     380 16041
> ps               2     280 19122=20
>

> Thanks!=20

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for
FREE! http://in.mail.yahoo.com