Re: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

  • From: arun chakrapani rao <arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:53:17 +0100 (BST)

I tried glance
but how do we put this into a flat file or output so
that i can used it to link to the database
If you have any information on this please let me know
thanks for the info
Arun
This is how i am doing on the sun and linux boxes
this fires only when there is a high cpu utilization.

for p in `/usr/ucb/ps auxw|head -10|awk '{print
$2":"$3}'|grep -v PID`
do
r=`echo $p|cut -d: -f1`
c=`echo $p|cut -d: -f2`
sqlplus -s / << EOF
set heading off;
set line 1000
select 'SPID '||b.spid||' with userid '||a.sid||' is
running '||c.event||' his usr,os,m/c,addr,prg is '||
a.username||' '||a.
machine||' '||a.osuser||' '||a.SQL_ADDRESS||'
'||a.program||' CPU= $c '
"USR_M/C_OSUSR_SQLADDR_PROG_CPU"  from v\$session a,v
\$process b, v\$session_wait c  where a.PADDR=b.addr
and  a.sid=c.sid and b.spid=$r;
exit;
EOF
done

--- KATHERINE_KAYLOR@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Try Glance.  It comes with the HP9000 series.
>

> arun chakrapani rao <arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 06/07/2005 12:26 PM
> Please respond to
> arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx

> oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix
>

> Hi Gurus,
> in sun solaris we have /usr/ucb/ps auxw which does
> tells us the top cpu,mem and the applications
> running
> it
> but is there any command which is similar in HP
> unix.
> the /usr/bin/ps auxw does not give any information
> or
> i might be wrong in this.
> if anybody has any information please do let me know
> I have been trapping this information on sun and
> linking this to the database sid when there is high
> cpu, I am planning to do the same on HP.
> thanks in advance
> Arun

> Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your
> messages
> Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

> The following message has been automatically added
> by the Internet mail
> gateway
> to comply with Royal & SunAlliance IT Security
> Policy.
>
> "This e-Mail has arrived via the Internet and,
> therefore, you should be
> cautious
> about its origin and content.  Replies which contain
> sensitive information
> or
> legal/contractual obligations are particularly
> vulnerable.  In these cases
> you should
> not reply unless you are authorized to do so."
>

> If you have any questions, please speak to your
> local desktop support team
> or IT
> security contact.

> Notice of Confidentiality
>
> This transmission (including attachments) contains
> information that
> may be privileged, confidential and protected from
> disclosure. Unless
> you are the intended recipient of the message (or
> authorized to receive
> it for the intended recipient) you may not copy,
> forward, or otherwise
> use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone. If
> you received this
> transmission in error please notify us immediately,
> permanently delete
> the transmission(including attachments) from your
> system, and destroy
> all hard copies.  Thank you.
>

> Email: security_usa@xxxxxxxxxx

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for
FREE! http://in.mail.yahoo.com