Re: using ifile in the tnsnames.ora file

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:43:04 +0000

exactly correct. We use it to ensure that each oracle owner can
contact the recovery catalog.

I was pondering this thread over the weekend - sad I know! and
wondered if the original problem was also an issue for database links
when an organisation had moved to some central naming convention
(names or ldap) and the new entry was added there.

On 2/10/07, Naqi Mirza <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the ifile in the E Business Suite 11i, I believe is to allow you to add your
customizations - so that a run of autoconfig does not clear anything in the
listener.ora tnsnames.ora, etc or rather re instantiate the files when
autoconfig is run.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA