RE: uses of autonomous transactions

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:44:10 -0400

There are many of good and bad uses for them, several Collaborate08
presentations had sections on them. For example you can avoid mutating table
trigger errors with them, commit within triggers etc. It is a very powerful
feature that can kill you if used improperly. In my Colloaborate08
presentation I showed a case where performance was killed by AT's and showed
how to work around it.

Ken

  _____