From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Hemant K Chitale
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 4:02 PM
To: Lei Zeng
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: use external table to read alert log

How large is the alert.log that you consider using parallel query  ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone
On Dec 9, 2010 7:04 AM, "Lei Zeng"
<lzeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lzeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi:

I have read few notes about using external table to read alert log.
http://proracle.wordpress.com/how-to-read-oracle-alert-log-file-using-external-table/

My question is: is it guaranteed that the line number in the file will be kept
the same as rownum in the table?
I am wondering if I use parallel option to read a file, the sequence of lines
in the file will be kept?
If no, is there other option to accomplish that?

Thanks,
Lei