RE: upgrading to 10.2.0.3

  • From: "Kevin Lange" <klange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:53:17 -0500

I believe you are correct.

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Allan Nelson
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:35 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: upgrading to 10.2.0.3

Hi Everyone,

I'm upgrading from 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.3 on HP-UX 11.11 and I have a
question.  The patch notes for 10.2.0.3 contain the following text:

7.1.2 Upgrading a Release 9.2 Database Not Using Oracle Label Security

If you want to upgrade an Oracle9i release 9.2 preconfigured database,
and you are not using Oracle Label Security, complete the following
steps to avoid errors during the upgrade:

1.      Use Oracle Universal Installer release 9.2 to install Oracle
Label Security using the Custom installation type.

2.      Run the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catnools.sql script with the
SYSDBA privilege to remove Oracle Label Security components from the
database.

Now, my question is about the word preconfigured.  Does that mean that
you used the 9i installer to create a database as part of installing 9i?
My 9i database got that way by being upgraded from 8i which was upgraded
from 7 so I don't think this applies to me.  Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance
Allan