Re: upgrade question

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:35:54 +0530

may be because sysaux is auxillary tablespace for system..
refer following link..
http://psoug.org/snippet/TABLESPACE-SYSAUX-Tablespace_844.htm

*Snippet Name:* TABLESPACE: SYSAUX Tablespace

SYSTEM tablespace. Many database components use the SYSAUX tablespace as
their default location to store data. The SYSAUX tablespace is always
created during database creation or database upgrade.

The SYSAUX tablespace provides storage of non-sys-related tables and
indexes that traditionally were placed in the SYSTEM tablespace.

The SYSAUX tablespace provides a centralized location for database metadata
that does not reside in the SYSTEM tablespace. It reduces the number of
tablespaces created by default, both in the seed database and in
user-defined databases.

During normal database operation, Oracle Database does not allow the SYSAUX
tablespace to be dropped or renamed. Transportable tablespaces for SYSAUX
is not supported.

thanks..subodh

On 6 March 2012 20:26, Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Just curious about this, but what is the reason that the AUD$ table needs
> to be moved from SYSAUX to SYSTEM prior to an upgrade?  For us, it
> currently resides in the SYSAUX tablespace.  I'm looking over the 10g - 11g
> manual upgrade checklist  (MOS NOTE #837570.1 STEP 20) and it says to move
> the AUD$ table to SYSTEM.
>
> TIA!
>
> Jeremy
>
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.