RE: upgrade question

  • From: "Sheehan, Jeremy" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Phillip Jones <phil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:21:50 -0500

Makes sense.  Thanks for the info!
Jeremy

From: Phillip Jones [mailto:phil@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:16 AM
To: Sheehan, Jeremy
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: upgrade question

I think this is because of the new DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT package. It sets the default
tablespace for audit tables to SYSTEM. You can verify this by looking in the
dba_audit_mgmt_config_params view on a fresh 11g database.

Once you've upgraded you can move the tables back using
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_AUDIT_TRAIL_LOCATION.

Cheers,

Phil
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sheehan, Jeremy
<JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:
Just curious about this, but what is the reason that the AUD$ table needs to be
moved from SYSAUX to SYSTEM prior to an upgrade?  For us, it currently resides
in the SYSAUX tablespace.  I'm looking over the 10g - 11g manual upgrade
checklist