Re: upgrade RAC from 9.2.0.8 to 10.1.0.4

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:39:49 -0400

Hi,
I have searched metalink and found very few documents related to the
error: ORACLE CLUSTER REGISTRY CAN EXIST ONLY AS A SHARED FILE SYSTEM
FILE but none of them were related to my issue.

Could someone please tell me if my configuration would work:
oracle_base=/u01/app/oracle (non shared, available on both host 1 and host 2)
I read on puschitz's oracle 9i and 10g rac installation that it is
better than OUI decides oracle_home. Hence I have left it unset for
now.
ora_crs_home=/u01/app/oracle/product/crs (non shared, available on
both host 1 and host 2)

/u01 is not shared. I have shared /u02 for datafiles, voting disk and OCR.
These are my settings. I use iscsi to simulate shared disk and have
used OCFS2 for cluster file system. your comments please.

I'm following: http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora10g/RAC_9i_to_10g02.shtml
and puschitz 10g rac installation to upgrade from 9.2.0.8 to 10.1
Thanks in advance.