Re: updating problems

  • From: "Giovanni Cuccu" <giovanni.cuccu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: s.saravalli@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:33:13 +0200

Ciao Simone,
    you can update the column values using Pl/SQL code not a SQL command
here is an example very close to your requirements:

create or replace trigger NtfRcpt_lastUpdate
 before insert or update on Notifications_Recipients
 for each row
declare
 -- local variables here
begin
        :new.Last_Update:=sysdate;
end check_enabled;
/
Hope it helps,
   Giovanni

On 5/5/06, Simone Saravalli <s.saravalli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, I've got a table with two columns (say column A and column B).
The B data type is date and its default value is CURRENT_TIMESTAMP.
When I make an update on col A I would like to update also B with a
new current_timestamp value, so I created a trigger that fires after
an update on A but I obtain an error, in fact when the trigger tries
to update col B it says that it's impossible because the table is
updating col A.
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks, Simone Saravalli

Another free oracle resource profiler