update stats on partitioned tables

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:51:58 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Can some one please guide me to document/links for best practice for
updating stats for partitioned tables and indexes?
We have an application where data gets loaded on monthly basis. Typically
after each load we update full stats on all tables in which data gets
loaded. This takes long time. We are thinking of updating stats only for
partitions in which data have been loaded. Is this better method? If we
collect stats on one or two partitions, how does global stats gets
updated?

Version 10.2.0.4 on solaris.

Thank you very much.

Mayen