Re: unique constraint violation on 8i import but not on 9i

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:56:52 -0400

Why on earth would someone think that the problem would be resloved
faster with guess than with proper trobleshooting?
How much time would it take to check content of the table and see that
there were any rows already before the import?

On 7/4/07, Michael McMullen <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Owner export taken on Solaris 8i.
Owner import done on Solaris 9i.

Just rebuilding a database after a major controller corruption on a Solaris
8i database on the weekend. We needed to get a business area up right away
so I brought the 8i export onto a Solaris 9i box. The import ran fine on 9i
with no errors all indexes are validated and enabled. When I then ran it in
8i, I'm getting primary key violations. Same export file. I don't have time
to investigate this right now, just looking for a quick hit from the list.

Thanks
Mike

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://blog.oracloid.com
BAAG party - www.BattleAgainsAnyGuess.com