Re: undo segments online causing performance problems.

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:41:47 +0300

The common question was asked by all the repliers is that how do I
know that undo onlie process causing the hang or slowness.

Basically, when transaction comes, we have flag called queue for
different status and we see that the query is growing heavily for not
process status, and when I go and check the alert.log file, exactly at
the same time and second, oracle bring undo segs online. We have
noticed this situation thrice  comparing with undo segs online process
and we determined the same.

Note:301432.1 Subject:  Performance Slowdown During Heavy Undo Segment Onlining

We are exactly facing the same problem mentioned in this metalink note
and as per Oracle Support advice, we also enable the event 10511, to
prvent SMON taking undo segs. offline.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain