RE: unable to run RDA on primary DB

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "manuelaout@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <manuelaout@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:52:44 +0200

I don't think Oracle stores information on the installing user on windows.
Information about the Oracle Home and such is stored in the registry under
local_system.

The only place in which the user depends is in the "local users and groups"
where you have the ORA_DBA group.
Normally this group is automatically created by Oracle during installation and
the current user is stored in it. So, if there is only one user in this group,
it is probably the user which did the installation.
But again, I don't think this make a difference.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator