Re: unable to generate trace on HP-UX

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:12:43 +0300

2006/8/14, Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>:

However, as Gints Plivna has pointed out, there's always another way to do
it :-)
But if you're not inside that session you're trying to trace, that won't
work, as unfortunately, there's no
dbms_system.set_varchar2_param_in_session. And it sounded
like the session was still active from his description.

Oh yea, that's the limitation of course. But as I'm working from developers side then either I didn't need to trace more than once in production environment another session or - BANG - could simply ask to restart webserver on development or test server :) Development work definitely has its own benefits.

Gints