two instance -- one database

  • From: "Brady, Mark" <Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:07:19 -0400

I have a friend (no really, this isn't some lame way of telling you about me
but trying to hide that by ... )

I have a friend, and at his company they have an Oracle database with tables
and data. We'll call it Database A and they have another Database B that has
views across dblinks to each of the tables in Database A. The data team says
that this protects Database A from bad queries.

So can anyone think of any possible benefit from this arrangement? Will
administration be easier, queries faster, performance more predictable?
Anything?