Re: tune between query/join

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 02:47:53 -0700 (PDT)

I will respectfully disagree;  the example used the query originally posted by
the OP and, for 8000 records in account and 150 in tmp_account, returned a
staggering 52108 rows due to the cartesian join.  In actuality only 42 records
met the criteria posted by the OP when they were properly matched on
account_number.

Why would someone generate 52066 records of unmatched data and consider it
valuable?  Maybe I'm missing something here but it doesn't seem logical to me.
David Fitzjarrell