Re: truncate a table with many extents

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:02:02 -0600

Monitor the values in USED_UBLK and USED_UREC in V$TRANSACTION (i.e. number
of undo blocks and undo records used by the transaction);  I believe
USED_UREC comes pretty darn close to tracking the number of extents.  Close
enough, anyway...

You can get to V$TRANSACTION from V$SESSION by joining V$SESSION.TADDR to
V$TRANSACTION.ADDR.

Hope this helps...

on 5/5/04 3:28 PM, Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial) at