RE: tnsManager Vs OID

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:11:37 -0400

My only problem with TNSManager is that it cuts off anything after the
first period.  I have databases in several areas that have inherited
their local names, such as prod.gr, prod.fr, prod.uk, prod.na, and
prod.jp.  TNSmanager handles them all as prod.world which makes it a
problem for me.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International