Re: tkprof elapsed time

  • From: "Vlad Sadilovskiy" <vlovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:02:01 -0500

Amonte, it supposed to be calculated as you suggested with few exceptions.
Do you have cursors in the trace that end up at level higher than zero
followed by SQL*Net... waits? There could be some other problem with it.

Do you mind sending out the trace I'll "dig" into it :)

Checkout this two articles that have example of strange behavior.

BLOB write size and
CPU<http://vsadilovskiy.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/blob-write-size-and-cpu/><http://vsadilovskiy.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/blob-write-size-and-cpu/>
Call-Less
Cursor<http://vsadilovskiy.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/trace-and-statspack-lob-1/>