testing oracle startup/shutdown on Solaris 8

  • From: "John Dunn" <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:22:42 +0100

I am testing my oracle 9.2  startup/shutdown scripts on Solaris 8.

To do this I issue

shutdown -y 5

and then, when prompted do a control-d to boot and select run level 3.

However the dbstart routine always gives an error when trying to start the
database, saying  that it is already running, although there appear to be no
oracle processes running.

I presume that the database has not been shutdown properly by dbshut???

Anyone else had this probelm?

John Dunn
Product Consultant
Sefas Innovation Limited
Direct Dial +44 (0) 117 373 6122
www.sefas.com

PLEASE NOTE SEFAS INNOVATION HAVE MOVED TO:
Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK.
Tel: +44(0) 117 373 6114
Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115
NEW DIRECT DIAL: +44 (0) 117 373 6122