Re: testenvironment aix or Linux

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leandro Guimaraes Faria C. Dutra" <ldutra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:35:40 +0000

On 08/12/2005 08:16:44 AM, Leandro Guimaraes Faria C. Dutra wrote:

> oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx gravou em 2005-08-12 08:26:56:
>
> > > If I can choose an Linux for production, which flavour is to prefer?
> > > Greetings Bjørn
>
> > The support for Red Hat seems to be the best.
>
>         Actually the Debian support is usually the best, but it is not
> supported by Oracle.

So, who supports Debian? Any commercial organization or is it DIY stuff, based
on groups,
mailing lists and usenet forums? RH is a commercial product. You pay for
license and you
have support. Debian is not something I would want to use in a commercial
environment.
Neither is Fedora.

>         I had no problems with (now Novell) SuSE.  How better is Red Hat?

Very better :). When I said "support for Red Hat is the best", it mean't
"Oracle's support
for RH is the best". Ite missa est, Red Hat is the best. Novell is new into the
Linux arena
and it failed to popularize its Linux product very much. I have very bad
experience with SuSe
support, while SuSE was a standalone company and I don't want to risk reliving
the same experience
again.

--
Mladen Gogala