Re: tempspace usage

  • From: Yongping Yao <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jame tong <jametong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:07:32 +0800

Well, some statements cannot be tuned more. In our design, these kind
of operations are rare (delete the duplicate rows and due to the load
speed we do not use unique index). But I did use them these days since
the application did something wrong :(
And by the way, SMON clean the undo tablespace? It also has some
delay. Some transanctions are commited and they still occupy the undo
space. Can it be solved? Or just  add more space to the undo
tablespace?

On 4/20/05, jame tong <jametong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you tune the sql statement to minimize the temp space usage.
>=20
>=20
> On 4/20/05, Yongping Yao <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a related question. After I run a statement consuming the
> > temporary tablespace a lot and commit the transaction, the tablespace
> > is not cleaned soon. Then other sessions got an error something like
> > "can't extend ...in ..." which means the temporary tablespace is not
> > enough. Is there something wrong with the background process?
> > Do I have to use a separate temporary tablespace or set the temporary
> > tablespace autoextend (which I think is not safe and hard to control
> > the datafile size)?
> >
> > --
> > Yao Yongping
> > Learning Oracle, UNIX/Linux...
> > Love Reading, Classical Music, Philosophy, Economics etc.
> > Blog: http://blog.csdn.net/
> >
>=20

--=20