RE: tempspace usage

  • From: "Hollis, Les" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>
  • To: <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:14:03 -0500

Are you sure that the transactions are still holding the space?

Temp tablespace segments do NOT de-allocate when a session quits using
it.  It will remain allocated so the next user to need temp space does
not have to go through the space allocation......

PMON will de-allocate the segments on the next instance startup.