Re: systemstate dump using gdb

Hi Barbara

Sorry for being stupid, but could you have overlooked the Sql*Plus oradebug interface

SYSTEM_STATE_DUMP :

sqlplus /nolog
sql>connect / as sysdba
sql>oradebug setmypid
sql>oradebug dump systemstate 10

PROCESS_STATE_DUMP :
sqlplus /nolog
sql>connect / as sysdba
sql>oradebug setogpid <unix_process_pid>
sql>oradebug dump processstate 10

/peter

Barbara Baker wrote:

Solaris 9
Oracle 9.2.0.4

Does anyone have instructions on using gdb to generate a systemstate dump?
Metalink note 121779.1 outlines using dbx, but I can't find anything using gdb.
Note 273324.1 using gdb on hp-ux specifies
  gdb $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle pid
then stepi then ksudss

The dbx instructions specify
 % dbx -a 28348
then ksudss

From the tar, Oracle is requesting systemstate dump against a running
process. So specifying oracle.exe on the gdb line seems wrong to me. The instructions for dbx seem more accurate, but I don't know how to
attach to, then specify the process.

(The database is freezing up, unable to make any kind of connetion. I'm trying to get a systemstate dump against one of the running
processes. To make matters worse, this is an mts system, so I'm
trying to attach to one of the s000 server processes.)

Thanks for any help.
Barb

Best regards / Venlig hilsen

/*Peter Gram*/
Miracle A/S <http://www.miracleas.dk>
Kratvej 2
DK - 2760 Måløv

Cell:  (+45) 2527 7107
Phone: (+45) 4466 8855
Fax:   (+45) 4466 8856
Home:  (+45) 3874 5696
Skype:  peter_gram
Email: peter.gram@xxxxxxxxxxxx

5-6 september Mastering Oracle SQL and SQL*Plus Lex de Haan 24-26 october Tom Kyte 30 october Special OakTable Day in Birmingham October 31 - November 2 UKOUG conference in Birmingham. 15-17 november Cary Millsap

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein