RE: symlinks/OUI

  • From: "Pass, Stephanie" <Stephanie_Pass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:50:59 -0700

Ray,

Since Oracle v7 if you stated to Oracle that you had a sym link they
would walk away.  Sym links can be a good thing if you are careful.  We
use them frequently.
We tried installing 10r2 OEM and it aborted due to our sym links.

Re : Symbolic (Soft) Link Usage for oracle home ( ORACLE_HOME ) Value
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=200:27:126792149666654937
82::::p27_id,p27_show_header,p27_show_help:617811.992,1,1