Re: sybase date field to Oracle - sqlldr

----- Original Message ----
From: John Hallas john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx

Oracle 10.2.0.3  - Solaris
I am trying to load dump files from a Sybase database and I am struggling over
the date columns. The flat files have a date format of “Sep 17 2007
7:00:00:020AM”
<snip>
I know I could edit each file and remove some of the data field but I would
prefer to do it correct it via sqlloader

John

Instead of using

   LAST_RESET_TIME timestamp "mon dd yyyy hh:mi:ss AM"

how about
   LAST_RESET_TIME "to_date(substr(:LAST_RESET_TIME
,1,20)||substr(:LAST_RESET_TIME ,25,2),'mon dd yyyy hh:mi:ssAM')"

Let SQL*Loader do the editing - assuming you don't need that last :020 from
your example

Regards Nigel